Monday, November 27, 2017

You make me Smile layout by Tania

Hi all! I'm sharing a layout on the blog today, made using some awesome stencils and a large, Chipboard title, from Memory Maze. I was in a brights mood this weekend and this is what I came up with!!



My background sheet, is 12 x 12" Watercolour paper from Kaszazz. I love the thickness of this paper for mixed media background work.
I started with some beautiful pink watercolour paint, from my Prima Confections. When the main area of colour was dry, I flicked some deeper colour drops, mixed with a good splash of water onto the page with my brush . 
Once that was dry, I did some background stamping in Archival Ink, with a script stamp, then I used some Distres Ink in a similar shade as the paint, with a blending tool, through this stencil, (which is one of my favourites):

Mini Stencil inverted bricks 4x4 min buy 5






My next Mixed Media layer, was some texture paste through this awesome Roses, stencil, another favourite.

OT 0008 Roses, Leaves stencil,mask,template, 110 x 180mm MIN BUY
[OT 008]





To make my photo pop off the page, I added some strips of Patterned paper and then backed it with a sheet of chipboard for height. Then I fussy cut some gorgeous flowers from the paper, and added them around the page, tucking some under the photo, before sticking it down.



My Chipboard title, was painted with a coat of Gesso and Then Distress Paint, and I used Magic Mount/foam dots to lift it up off the page. (Once everything was finished, I gave it a coat of Glossy Accents to make it shine.)

You make me smile 98 x 102 min buy 3
[you make me ]





To finish the page, my journaling was typed on the computer and then printed and attatched.
I added some strips of patterned paper to the top and bottom edges, and then went around each edge of the water colour paper with a Black Alcohol marker.

I just love the way this page turned out!
Tania





No comments:

Post a Comment