Saturday, July 8, 2017

My very first upload {snow angel}

Hi everyone,

I am super excited to be sharing here regularly @ Memory Maze thank you Sally and the team for inviting me to join in creating with this awesome Chipboard and fab Design Team!

I love to create my own backgrounds so I hope you will find some inspiration in the use of colour and patterns during my time here on the design team.

My first Layout is a layout using a super cool Snow photo I nabbed from my daughters Instagram I love the colours in this photo and it was definitely the inspiration for the background of this layout.

Its has been freezing cold down my way so this layout seemed fitting I hope you are inspired!



I have used 12" Marshmallow to create my own background using acrylic paints, stencils, texture tools and a Gelli Plate to create the perfect background for my layout. I have used black cardstock to adhere a mat around my photo and machine stitched with red cotton to blend in with the background. It may be hard to see but I have used a glitter glass bead paste through a snowflake design stencil to add that extra winter feel. To give even more dimension I have added gauze and a shimmering white star detailed tulle underneath the photograph

To create the title of this layout I have used Memory Maze's Chipboard title "ANGEL"


I painted the chipboard title Turquoise to coordinate with my daughters Snow Jacket and Beanie teamed it with white Thickers for the word SNOW.....


To complete the layout I have added pieces of random washi tape to the background and a Black Hambly Transparency frame stitched with red wool to frame the important journaling on the layout. To frame the layout I have hand drawn the edges with a black fude ball pen and added some random background stamping with black ink.

I hope you enjoyed my post thanks of taking the time to read!






















1 comment: