Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Days gone bye mixed media canvas











Welcome to 2017 and another wonderful year for creation and Memory maze, Jan here with some ideas and processes for my days gone bye mixed media canvas.







I started with a 9.5 x 11 inch canvas(24 x 28cm) and covered it with white Gesso, I then added a number of stencils from the Memory maze stencil range and added texture paste also some lace with texture paste to add different levels to my canvas.







This is the 0008 ROSES, LEAVES STENCIL








After I had prepared the canvas I printed an image I had purchased and added to a sheet of Memory Maze 12 x 12 chipboard




I printed the image and then added it to the sheet of chipboard with of podge and then cut around the image.












Once I had cut around the image I then laid it on the canvas and started to chose some items to add to the image, as I had still been adding to the actual canvas I had added black Gesso several layers of silver and gold rub and buff and some Lindy's sprays to add some sheen.

Once I had positioned the image on the canvas I then secured it with hot glue.






I then started to add some chipboard and assorted items to form the ladies hat.














I then added several more layers of flowers beads pearls lace etc. until I had the desired effect I was looking for.








Flourish Swirl and Beauty Butterflies were also added from the memory maze range.

The flourish was painted with alchemy acrylic paint in gold and then silver added with rub and buff.
The butterflies were heat embossed with a range of colors to match.






















I am really thrilled with how this project has turned out she has been embellished with many of my own hand made flowers and I have added a number beautiful filigree brass pieces also available at memory maze.

Please keep watching for more of my future projects.. Jan







2 comments:

  1. Jan I absolutely love what you have done here with your LAdy I think she should be named Lily. She is absolutely beautiful. Share her around

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i love it
    all those flowers yum

    ReplyDelete