Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Treasure Island - by Toni Herron

Toni joining you today with this mid-week inspiration with another exciting project.
So last month I asked you to try something new. This time, I would love for you to THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX / PAGE!

I just couldn't contain my pleasure for how awesome this has turned out. Please feel free to make one yourself and get your creativity flowing.

Treasure Island


I started off with an idea in my head. So I ducked down to the local hardware store and picked up a box of plain cheap Tiles, White Pebbles and a bag of Sand. Next stop was the $2 shop for the large Paddle Pop sticks, clear crystal Gems and mini clear wish jar bottles. Last supplies were sticks picked up from my garden outside my craft room window.


Once back at my desk I laid everything out and ready so I can figure out what chipboard and other embellishment goodies I will be able to use. Using a lot of hotglue, I stick down the paddle pop sticks to form a box, then the sticks around the edge. Then fill it with sand.


I coloured all of the chipboard with very simple techniques. I painted the sign post with a Sandy colour paint. The fairy is painted white. The magical heart piece and the tiny butterflies are coloured with a Gold Alcohol ink.

The embellishments in the sand as you can see are the clear crystal gems, I wrote on one of the white rocks, I slid a little note into a bottle (message in a bottle style), put gold glitter in the other, then sprinkled stunningly gorgeous Memory Maze BLING all around to make the "Treasure".


Memory Maze products used;







Thank you so much for joining me today
Toni Herron
2016 Memory Maze DT Member


No comments:

Post a Comment