Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Little mixed media fun with Jan McKenzie.

Hello everyone and thank you for joining me.  I have been experimenting with some new mix media techniques and products.

Believe canvas

Today I have used one of the lovely birdcages from the memory maze range and coupled it with Memory Maze flowers and some bling.




I first covered the canvas with two coats of Gesso, whilst drying I coated my chipboard with a coat of acrylic paint and  then a second coat I added a light spray of Lindy's Stamp Gang starburst mist to give it a light sparkle.
When the canvas was dry I added some texture layers with texture paint using some of the Memory Maze stencils.
After this was dry I added some leaves and flowers from MM which are made from mulberry paper .
When the several layers had dried I them added layers of Lindy's Stamp Gang mists in order to get the desired effect.
Once I had the colors I wanted I them added lace, pearls and assorted embellishments to finish it off.

Memory Maze Supplies:


Little Girl Chipboard Book

My second project for today is another page in my chipboard book, some of you may have seen previous pages.

This page has a pocket at the bottom to add tags and other items


I have first covered the book with paper, then added a paper pocket at the bottom this has then been covered with lace and trim to make a pocket.
I have added flowers, lace and velvet ric rac to give it that dressy look.

Memory Maze supplies used:



Thanks for looking and happy scrapping

Jan
Memory Maze Design Team 2015



1 comment:

  1. Lovely work. Mixed media is great isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete