Tuesday, March 25, 2014

April is nearly here!

Hi guys, Danice here and along with April comes Easter, not too much fanfare in this household with easter, but I am sure that will change by this time next year!

First up I have a bright and cheerful easter layout, with a gorgeous wee model learning how to eat an easter egg.. her mum calls these photos "faceplanting the easter egg" I'm just glad I wasn't on clean up duty!
I used a small frame that I gesso'd and then stuck some wee heart stickers all over it to make it really stand out, added some lovely swallows to add dimension and away it went!


I'm a big project lifer as well and was challenged by a group to follow a couple of "recipes" to create some of my own Project Life cards, and Memory Maze products make it SO easy to do, 


First day of.....
These words originally said "First day of school" but I really wanted to use these because they fit perfectly for my 2014 PL title page, So I easily separated the school word painted the rest black and voila! and now I can use the School word on another project too - such a simple way to get more use out of one embellishment!
 March, the spring blossom again fit perfectly along the 4x6 card, with plenty left over for other projects, this one I covered with perfect pearls just to give it a bit of shimmer to match the other pinks I've used on the card.
April title card, using my fave things washi and Memory Maze with a bit of lace thrown in for good measure! I coloured the chipboard in silver sharpie and then glued it to a backing card, next step was kindy glitz and painting with H2O's and shimmerz and then finally topped off with glossy accents to give it a glassy look.

and last by definately not least, 
This is a bit cute,  it is the first layout I have done for my own baby, we can certainly say this child is going to be well scrapped! I used some heart flourishes again cutting them so the one that fits best can be used, I love the font and size of BABY here too, really suitable for any layout or PL page!

Here you can see the close up of the flourish heart tucked into the flower cluster.

Thanks for looking at my makings, and no doubt you will see many more baby layouts in the coming months!!



No comments:

Post a Comment