Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tracey Campbell's Mid February Reveal

February is the month of love. We don't really celebrate Valentines in our house, as we express our love all year round, but I couldn't let February pass without a loving layout. So to celebrate Saint Valentine I want to share a wedding layout that I have created using the wonderful nesting hearts chipboard - who doesn't love hearts that come in all different sizes, they are perfect for any occasion.

You and Me

Have you tried gold leafing on your chipboard yet? If not it is something you absolutely must try....for a technique so simple to do you get and effect that is pure dynamite. Simply coat your chipboard with some tacky glue and apply the gold leafing over the top. Leave to dry and then brush off the excess gold leave and you are left with a stunning gold embellishment that is to die for.
Another simple technique to change the look of your chipboard pieces is to cover them with washi tape. In this layout I have used three different washi tapes over the nested hearts giving them an individual look.
Memory Maze Product Used:
Arrows family laugh love
Memory Maze Product Used:
12x12 nested hearts: Product ID Number LO265
************************
 Seeing as we are still in February and concentrating on Back to School I thought I would share my final layout of Bronte going off to Year Two this year. I wanted bright and bold colours for this layout, not sure why but when I am doing school layouts I almost always work in Primary colours and this layout is no different.

1st Day of Year Two

The School Buses were the perfect embellishment to finish off my page.
Simply a matter of giving them a good spray with some bold bright mists
The large "1st" chipboard piece was the finishing touch to my title, I wanted to emphasise that it was Bronte's 1st day of Year Two and this piece does exactly that.
Memory Maze Product Used:
1st: Product Idea Number SO359
Memory Maze Product Used:
School Bus: Product ID Number SO891
 ************************
Until next month....Happy Scrapping
Hugs
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment