Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Erin Reed - June DT Reveal

It has been a whirlwind here in the states - end of the school year, mother's day, now almost father's day, getting ready for summer vacation, camps, trips, swimming, and tons of fun in the sun for us Northern hemisphere folks :)  With all these events we have also had a few more - a friend had a baby girl, both of our dogs have passed on, and Fathers Day - with with those events I make some projects from the Memory Maze.

................................................................................................................

Memories (Rohan) - Layout

This past January our dog of almost 10 years passed away.  I created this page in remembrance of him.  You can see a picture of when he was 10 weeks old (bottom), about 6 months old (right) and 2 years old (with my husband and I).  He had a wonderful life and will be missed. 


For this layout I used layers of papers, findings, flowers, stickers, metals, journal cards, buttons, and the lovely chipboard from Memory Maze.  I glued them all down and painted them with gesso, let it dry, and misted with various types of mists in colors of green, red, orange, and yellow.
 

Here you can see the chipboard of "friends" with I separated out into 3 parts using water - tutorial found on my blog from the recent blog hop we just had,  and the edge of a open window shutter.

Friends - C
 

Here you can see the word "memories", the word "boy" that I cut from "It's a Boy" and then split in two using water - same tutorial as above, and the inside of the the flowered window frame.
MemoriesIt\'s a Boy


Memory Maze Supplies Used
"Memories" word - G0059
"Its a Boy" word - C0001
"Friends" word - G0003
Window with shutters - (similar item) - VOW44
................................................................................................................................................................

Sweet Baby - Card

A good friend of ours just had a baby girl, so when I saw this chipboard piece it immediately thought it would make a wonderful centerpiece for a baby card for her.  Congratulations on you new baby girl!!


For the chipboard I first used markers in bronze, black, green, and light pink to color the chipboard, just like I would color a coloring sheet of paper.   I use markers like sharpies, Bic Mark-its, Copics, Faeber Castell markers, etc because it is easier to do detail work with precision and make it look good compared to paint and a brush.


I then went over the colored chipboard and used Stickles in black, dusty rose, and lime green to color the vines, flowers, and people.  I left the outside border without glitter because I liked the look of the metallic bronze sharpie just the way it was without glitter.

Mother and Child

Memory Maze Supplies Used
Mother and Child - S0105

............................................................................................................................................................

Have a Grrrrreat Father's Day - Card

Every year I love to make cards for all occasions, including father's day.  So this year I had this great 3D Stackum sheet from Sally of tigers and I knew it would be perfect for a father's day card.

 
I used a simple and clean design for the card so the tiger would stand out and be the main focus.  The 3D Stackum sheets are so easy, and this one is no different.  I used my paper trimmer to make nice clean straight lines, inked the edges with black ink, and stacked them up.  I did add my own words I printed from my computer - the tiger reminded my of tony the tiger from frosted flakes, so i used the same "Grrrrrreat" in my title too.


Here you can see the pop dots or foam dots I used to layer each one on top of each other - stacked on each other.
 It is very cool effect and it creates a big impact in the finished product for just an easy thing as cutting!!

Memory Maze Supplies Used
Similar Item - Tiger - DS0147
Tiger

Enjoy!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow Erin...your LO is stunning! fantastic layering and distressing on your LO, great cards also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top layout is gob-smackingly good.Love all those mists etc.The other 2 items are wonderful and I'm sure well received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is a lovely way to remember a furry loved family member. I'm sure the people who receive your cards will love them. They all look great.

    ReplyDelete