Monday, March 18, 2013

Memory Maze DT work

Hello Memory Maze Fans Linda is back today to share some Chippy goodness with you.

'Sisters'


I love these Vintage boards they come in several sizes and include a stand, This one is about the size of an A4 piece of paper. First I painted the edges, top swirls and stand in gesso, then I added a piece of paper and inked the edges and top swirls in a couple of different tones, added a few stamps to the edges of the papers and the center piece at the top of the stand.


Using a MMC hot air balloon I didn't quite have the colour I wanted to I sprayed it with glimmer mist and while still wet I sprayed it with a home made white paint spray to soften and blend the colour, I then added a touch of ink to get the perfect colour.


I took a Wrought Iron swirl and cut it into 2 and applied the same technique as above but this time I started with  tones of distress ink, I didn't cover the entire piece in ink just little bits of each colour ink but once I sprayed it with the white paint they blended together and lighten giving me the perfect colour.


The second piece of the Wrought Iron Swirl


I used the same technique as before on these MMC cogs this time I used a chalk ink and a mix'd Media ink, once again I didn't cover the entire piece in ink and I sprayed them with just water this time to get them to blend together.


More cogs at the top of the layout.


Sisters MMC was embossed, first I applied gesso in a watered down spray, once dry I added a little bit of pink embossing powder to small parts of the word and then coated the whole thing in white mix'd media embossing powder and heated, I applied a second coat to give a think consistent layer.


MMC street lamp has been treated the same as the word this time using a blue and brown embossing powder.

Memory Maze Products Used

Street Lamp - C0144
Vintage Board - Q0005
Cogs set - L0048
Wrought Iron 30 - S0444
Hot air Balloon - 

..................................................

"Perfect Wonder"


A gorgeous photo of a gorgeous girl, I'm a little bias.. even with her dribble drenched shirt and messy hair.


Memory Maze Candle holder was first painted black with distress stains then I went over it in tarnished brass distress stain.


A cute little Memory Maze card size bird cage also treated the same as the candle holder but this time i added a little more black over the top.


Perfect word was painted with black distress stain and then black stickles added


Wonder word also treated the same as the perfect word


Wrought Iron swirl was cut into 3 pieces and treated the same at the words, I tucked 2 in here and the 3rd was tucked in at the bass of the candle holder.

Wrought Iron 14

Wrought iron swirl, I cut the large end of and then the smaller end in half.


Memory Maze Products Used

Wrought Iron 14 - S0435
Candle Holder - S0588
Bird cage - C0170
Perfect word - G0196
Wonder word - G0212

.............................................

"Sweet Treasure"


I was inspired to create this layout by a couple of our other wonderful Green Tara DT members, I love the result with lots of Green Tara goodies and some very messy hands. 


Memory Maze 12" frame has had texture paste added in some areas and the rest was covered in gesso then hand made paint sprays used in 3 colours.


Lots of Green Tara Lace, Cobweb and ribbon was mod podged and texture pasted into the background, then gesso added to the edges & homemade paint spray to add a little colour back. topped of with roses and buds.


Lots more Green Tara flowers, each has had the edges dabbed with gesso


Treasure chipboard word from Memory Maze has been inked then slightly painted with silver ink


Another chipboard piece from Memory Maze treated the same way as the treasure word


Jute Ribbon bow from Green Tara in white with touches of black and blue ink.


Memory Maze Products Used

Street lamp - L0082 
12' Wrought Iron Frame - Z0012
Treasure word - 

Thanks for stopping by 







9 comments:

  1. Stunning work Linda, all your choices of pics are beyond precious ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layouts, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Linda, lots too look at. Love all your different techniques

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look beautiful LInda.You've been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of different good techniques there Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the details in your work, Linda, and how much you put in making the chipboard the perfect accents. fabolous use of tecniques and lovely designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. some beautiful work and i love the subtle colours of blue and pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty, love all of these!!

    ReplyDelete